.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Independance Day Swap Card 1

I joined a swap in my ATC group called "Independance Day-Red, White, and Blue". I began to brainstorm on ideas that would fit the theme. The hard part was that I could only use the colors red, white, and blue. Then it hit me, there is nothing more American than patchwork quilting. American men and woman took bits of fabric and created blankets from scraps of fabric since Colonial days. Patchwork quilting is American ingenuity at it's finest. I'm a fan of the recycle and use what you have theory.

My first card features the Card Trick block. I'm not sure when this block came to be, but I love it. It is a very simple block to piece together and it is so cool looking. Believe it or not, this block is done entirely in triangles.
 
posted by Angel at 5/24/2006 02:30:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: