.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Spinning Wool Candy Cane
I was playing around with my drop spindle the other day. I'm a self-taught spinner and nowhere near good at it, but I find spinning to be very relaxing. So I grabbed a hunk of fushia colored corridale from England that I had purchesed a while back and began spinning it. I made this lovely length of lace to sock weight single. Then I decided to try plying on the spindle. This is the part where my husband should check my meds and make sure I'm not taking double doses of anything. I dug through my stash (I wasn't in the mood to spin another single) and found a white lambswool/angora laceweight that I had recycled from a sweater. I started my first experiment in plying. My plys are not even and some parts are over spun, but I had fun. I have a new appreciation for the women of old who spun all the thread they had with a drop spindle. Let's face it, if I had to spin, weave, and sew my family's clothing we would be nude. You can all thank the Goddess for clothing stores, otherwise, my hiney would be uncovered.
 
posted by Angel at 6/04/2006 12:10:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: