.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, November 02, 2007
Ichigo Finished

It has taken me almost a year to make this pair of socks but I'm proud to announce that last night they came came off the hook. Last fall, I got the brilliant idea that I would knit a pair of socks for Princess who always has the coldest feet. Why do people with cold feet or hands have the urge to put said cold body parts on your comfortably warm body? The socks were to be part of her Christmas stash. So I cast them on in November. They didnt' get finished for Christmas. Last June, I finished one and had her try it one. Darn Twerp's foot had grown since I took the original measurements and cast on. In total, this pair of socks has been knit or crocheted 10 times. Some frogging was due to sizing and other frogging was due to my errors. Needless to say, they are DONE!
Name: Ichigo Socks (the name means Strawberry in Japanese. The colors remind me of strawberries and besides, strawberries are Princesses favorite food.)
Yarn: Palette by Knitpicks in Black and Memories by Knitpicks in Geranium.
Implement of Construction: Size E crochet hook
Pattern: None. Using a pattern would have made this easier except I suck at reading patterns and following direction. I know crochet sock construction and did what I know.
Princess's Response: She loves them. She put them one as soon as they were finished last night and hasn't taken them off since. She wore them to schoool today and even made a point of showing everyone at the busstop that her mommy made her socks.
The little twerp is too smart for her own good. Last night she put on her new socks, looked at me and said, "Since it takes a year to get a pair, I would like to order a pair for next year in pink."

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Angel at 11/02/2007 04:52:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: