.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
What I've been working on
I know it doesn't look like much but there are a lot of hours of work laying there on my coffee table. I need a new rug for inside my front door because I'm doing my dining room in blue and white (my dining room is hte first room you enter in my house). When I was little, my paternal grandmother would crochet these great rag rugs with the huge crochet hook. I always loved them because they were so comfy. I decided to work on mastering my knitting and make a rug at the same time. This rug is made from blue acrylic yarn (found a few skeins in the back of my stash) and off white wool yarn that was recycled from some old men's sweaters. I make long sections of I-cord and then sew the sections together. It's a nice portable project when I'm making the I-cord and the sewing part can be done in the evening while I'm watching TV. I still have a way to go on my rug, but it's been a relaxing project. If I work on nothing else during the day, I make a point of adding to the rug in the evening.
 
posted by Angel at 2/08/2006 04:25:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments: