.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Fruity Pebbles...

Who invented Summer Vacation? It's not that I don't love my daughter, but who decided that they needed to spend 3 months at home everyday. Princess just left on the bus for her last day of Second Grade. In a few short hours, I will be picking up a crying little girl at the busstop. She gets strongly attatched to her teachers and it breaks her heart to say good-bye at the end of the year. She cried for an hour when it was the student teacher's last day. This year is especially hard for her, because we are moving shortly and we don't know if we will be in the same district after the move.

In other news, I'm busy on the Kroy Sock 2.0. I made the first sock, got at far as one row before binding off and realized that I hated the way the sock looked and that it wasn't going to fit properly. So, I was strong and I frogged the whole sock. Changed needle size, found a different pattern, and tried a new cast on. The result is a sock that I like. I tried it on last night and it fits nicely. I have another inch of foot to do and then I can start the toes. The end is near for this sock. I started calling them Fruity Pebbles, because they remind me of the delightfully sweet cereal. The picture doesn't do them justice, they are red, yellow, orange, green, and blue. Think October day near the lake. It always amazes me that handknit socks look bigger than store bought ones, but they fit snugger. I guess store bought socks just have too much elastic in them.
 
posted by Angel at 6/07/2006 09:38:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: