.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Crochet Class Update

Last night, I taught my first crochet class at Uncommon Threads. It went great. I have six students in the class and they all did very well. It's such a great feeling to be able to share one of the great loves of my life with others and empower them to have the skills to enjoy it to. We worked on the stitches last night and once they learned the trick behind crochet stitches it was like magic. I can't wait until next week to see how they did on their practice. Next week we are learning pattern reading and how to make the granny square.
I also got sock time yesterday. I worked the Cherie Ann Designs stand at Market and worked on my latest sock. The yarn was a handpainted yarn that I picked out at the Alpaca show on Mother's Day last year. It was my Mommy's Day present from my hubby and daughter. It's a superwash wool/nylon belended handpaint from Creatively Dyed Yarns. It's soft and in my favorite colors. I'm knitting it up using the Dublin Bay Sock Pattern from Mossy Cottage Knits. It's a nice simple pattern that makes a nice pair of socks. I choose this pattern because it gives me a chance to practice the yarn over/knit two together thing that I fear. I know simple stuff, but i do manage to mess it up. I cast these socks on at the beginning of "Medium" on Monday night and I'm already almost finished with the instep stitches on the first pair. Yeah! I'm getting much faster at this sock knitting thing. My first pair of socks took me over a month to knit just one sock.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Angel at 2/20/2008 01:01:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: