.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, April 23, 2007
Preview of Summer to come

Last Friday I was our running errands on Market Street in York and I decided to play tourist in my hometown. I took pictures of things that interested me. It was fun to walk around and look at a city I've seen many times as if it was a place I had never been before. The daffodil looked so pretty I just had to take it's picture. The balcony in the first picture just looked like a place for a princess to stand and wait for her prince. York has so much beautiful architecture.
It's been hot around here the past few days. I think we hit a record high today with 85F, normally this part of Pennsylvania has highs in the 60's. It's just too hot to do much of anything. I spent most of today working on a baby afghan and drinking tea. We did take advantage of the nice weather this weekend to work in the yard. Hubby and I removed some old stumps and we planted two rosebushes. I can't wait for them to grow. One is a pink Queen Elizabeth rose and the other is a multicolored Mississippi something rose. The tulips we planted last fall have come up and have started to bloom. They make the place look nice. When we moved in the yard was grown up and little by little we are taming it. I want to surround the place with a cottage garden.
I'm looking forward to the weather change coming tonight. It is to cool down and not be so stinking muggy.




 
posted by Angel at 4/23/2007 11:40:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 4:37:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    What great pictures. It is nice to be able to slow down and see the beauty where you live.