.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, April 14, 2007
I Survived Friday the 13th
I woke up this morning and forgot that it was Friday the 13th. Silly me decided to run some errands. I will say that Walmart is not busy at 9 in the morning. I got the yarn to make the baby blanket for my nephew's new baby. I picked up a nice cotton yarn for kitchen curtains. And then things went downhill. I looked everywhere (I literally mean every craft store, Target, and Walmart in York city) for a hand cranked spool knitter. I finally found one, at the JoAnn's down the street. They just got them in and out on the shelves. It's always the last place you look.

While out this morning, I almost had a hummer drive over me because the driver was too busy drinking her coffee and chatting on her phone to pay attention to driving. I seriously believe that cell phone should be banned in cars; or require a special license and extra insurance. Maybe it has to do with what my father told me when I learned to drive. The first thing I was told was that I was operating a machine that has the ability to kill people, my job was to make sure that it didn't kill anyone. You should be focusing on what you are doing, not on the conversation you are having on the phone. I would hope that my friends would rather talk to me when I get to someplace safe where I can devote my attention to them, than bitch about their dating troubles when I can only give them half my attention and possibly kill someone because they are distracting me.

Other than that, it hasn't been too bad of a day. I got images scanned of all the new items I made for The Earth Moon & Stars. I got a nap in. I had a nice dinner with my family while watching Animaniacs. And I ate some more Easter candy.

Labels:

 
posted by Angel at 4/14/2007 12:20:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 2:43:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    Glad that you made it home safely. Friday the 13th is a favorite day of mine. My Dad was born on a Friday the 13th so I consider them lucky.

     
  • At 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Angel

    My father was also born on Friday the 13th. In the end, it turned out to be a good day.