.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, December 01, 2007
When the Weather turns Cold

Oh when the weather is outside is frightful, your hands will be warm and fashionable, with your new gauntlets you glow, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
The fingerless gloves in the picture I started to make for myself. I almost has the first one finished when a customer stopped by and saw them. Needless to say, my gauntlets were sold before they were finished. They are made from a recycled yarn with a fiber content of cotton and ramie. I love the colors, they are just so fun. I have enough yarn left over to make myself a pair.
They are perfect for the joyful weather coming our way. According top the weather-dude there is snow coming our way. As soon as the first flakes show up tomorrow, mass chaos will ensue. I love snow, I always figured that if you have the cold, at least you can have the snow to make things look pretty. Besides, I prefer to drive in snow rather than rain.
I can tell I'm getting old. After I picked my car up from it's inspection, I stopped at the local grocery store to get gas. The store has this thing that if you spend so much you get 10 cents per gallon off. It's been a while since I cashed in my points. I paid 69 cents a gallon for gas, yes you guessed it, my car now has a full tank (the first in a long time). Hubby scanned his card and got gas for 89 cents a gallon. We compared how much me paid and just kept giggling like school kids. With gas at $3.09 a gallon, this was a big thrill for us. I think we need to get out more often.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Angel at 12/01/2007 12:28:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 4:22:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    The fingerless mitts look great.

    Holy crap! .69 a gallon!! I would so love to be able to do that. I would be doing cartwheels.

     
  • At 7:27:00 AM, Blogger Dipsy Doodle

    Oh, these mitts are ever so beautiful - I love the happy and cheerful colours! It's snowing here too right now - actually we got way more snow already this year than we had all of last winter!
    And my gosh! .69 cents per gallon? This sounds like a dream come true these days!