.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Isabella Cameo Pin

I've always loved cameos. I started collecting them when I was little. In fact, I bought my first cameo when my family stopped at a yard sale on the way to my sister Joan's wedding. From the moment I paid 25 cents for that plastic black and white cameo pin, I was hooked. I still collect them. Some I keep to wear and some I use for doll faces. My personal favorite ones are a jet cameo pin I own from the Victorian era and a cameo ring that was a Christmas gift from my parents when I was 13.

So, how does that relate to Isabella. Isabella is a combination of two of my favorite things: beading and cameos. She's my idea of a pimped-out cameo. Isabella's serene face is a polymer clay cabochon that I made using a mold. I then adhered her face to a base and beaded around it. She's surrounded by red and gold seed beads, glass beads, garnets, and jet beads. I even added a handdone fringe for extra sparkle. When I was finished, she is a 2 1/2 inch wide confection. She's perfect for wearing on a jacket, sweater, or shawl. Isabella is for sale. I posted her on Etsy.com and I will post her on The Earth Moon & Stars as soon as I can. If you would like to adopt her, let me know.
 
posted by Angel at 10/05/2006 06:18:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: