.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, September 29, 2006
A Future Yarn

There is this glorious maple tree in my front yard and the fairy that live in it planted a gift for us. This little pokeberry plant is growing out of a knot where the tree Y's. The berries are ripe and sometime this weekend, my hubby is going to see if he can make yarn dye out of them. If I remember, pokeberries make a reddish purple color. I think it will look smashing on sock yarn.

My hubby is learning to do natural dyeing. He loves the idea of coloring yarn with things from nature rather than chemicals. I love handdyed yarn so who am I to complain. As an anniversary gift I'm going to take him to the Mannings for some supplies to get started. My anniversary gift is a ball winder, I've been wanting one for a while. I'll keep you posted on the yarn he creates, he'd like to get to the point where he can start selling his dye work.
 
posted by Angel at 9/29/2006 10:38:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Dorothy

    You two will make a great team. I hope his natural dyeing goes well.