.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
What I did with my Saturday...

I know, I'm a few days late, but better late than never. Besides, you try to pack to move and keep the blog up to date at the same time. I'm lucky I remember to feed the cats right now (the cat's keep reminding me to feed them).

I did take some time of Saturday morning to play. The above picture was taken at the Annual Knit-In at the Mannings. I know the picture is from a distance but I figure if any of these nice ladies told their husbands they were going to Saturday Bible Study and not a Knit-In, they might want their idenities hidden. It was a beautiful, non-humid summer day. I met lots of great people. As a fairly new knitter, I love to watch people knit and the day was perfect for that. Thanks to all the people who answered my silly questions and allowed me to stare at their needles while they worked.

I also met up with Joan of http://joanknits.blogspot.com/. She's a lovely local lady who knits some of the coolest stuff. We're talking about getting a crocheter/knitter group together locally. If you live in York County and would like to meet with others who play with sticks and string, let me know.

I also learned something on Saturday that never crossed my mind. Let me set this up for you, I knit and crochet with fair proficiency in both. Until Saturday, I didn't know that was a rare talent. It seems, most people can do one, but not the other. As someone put it, I'm bi-needle.

I did work on something while I was there too. I'm working on some thinner crocheted dishclothes for the new house too. This is the one I almost finished while there. It's made from two strands of 8/2 cotton held together and crocheted with a single crochet. Simple but very pretty. I love the way the colors turned out.

There was also a lot of packing going on on Saturday. Hubby and I packed most of the garage and I worked more on my studio. Viva la Packrats!

I also did something else that was a lot of fun on Saturday, I wished my niece a happy 18th birthday. Happy birthday, John Deere Girl.
 
posted by Angel at 8/15/2006 02:15:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 2:06:00 AM, Blogger Lulu

    glad you had a great time...I cant knit at all..Wish i could, its so pretty..

     
  • At 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Louisa

    I like that -- "bi-needle"! Cracks me up! Guess I'm bi-needle too then. I've been knitting since I was 6 and crocheting since I was about 8 or 9. I ended up re-learning to knit Continental in my 20's so I could hold the yarn the same way for both!