.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Finished some Projects
I've been a busy girl the last few days. The above image is a scherenchnitte folk heart that I finished for Valentine's Day. I plan to take it to Market with me and offer it for sale. My boss is going to allow me to sell some of my work at the candy stand. I really like how the red velvet paper shows off the cut work. I left the bottom open just in case someone would like something written in there. It's a very classy piece.
I've been making a few cards to sell for Valentine's also. The first card is a hand stenciled Sweethearts card. I found the stencil idea online but the layout is all mine. As far as I can tell, each heart says what a real Sweetheart candy would say. The card is blank inside and comes with a matching envelope.
Finally, I finished a scherenschnitte card. The rose was cut from thick paper and placed on a pink background. I colored the cut areas of the rose leaves with a silver/pink pen and drew leaf veins on the leaves with a silver/green pen. The card background is mulberry paper that I wrote "Love" all over. This card is also blank inside so the sender say whatever is in their heart. I'm impressed with how well it turned out.

I'm planning on selling the cards on Etsy to raise a little money to buy hubby a nice Valentine's Day dinner. I guess I need to start selling cards.

I'm also working on a redwork design for my daughter. I'm making her a pinkwork hearts cat that will be sewn into a sachet for her room. It's been years since I've done much embroidery, but it comes back quickly. My mother loved to do embroidery. Every dresser in our house was covered with a dresser scarf that she embroidered. She was really good and when she taught me to sew she stressed that the back should look almost as nice as the front. I still have some of her embroidery that I use on my dresser. Someday, I'd like to pass not only my mother's linens to my daughter, but also my own.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Angel at 12/31/2006 01:34:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 2:04:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    Very nice cards! My favorite is the top one, but I have always like the more traditional style of cut work. Good luck with selling them on Etsy. I am sure that they will sell quickly.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 9:52:00 PM, Blogger Dorothy

    Pretty cards. I like the little candy hearts.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 2:44:00 AM, Blogger ~Vix~

    Angel, the cutwork heart is gorgeous! I'm sure it will fetch a pretty penny at Market! Hugs,
    Vix