.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, December 29, 2006
Reflections on the Holidays
I had a really nice holiday this year. On Christmas Eve, we had wine and cheese, watched Christmas cartoons, and at midnight went to the New York Wire Company in York for the steam whistle concert. The concert is really cool. About 30+ years ago (I think) some guy was working on Christmas eve and he decided to play Christmas carols on the plant's steam whistle. When he retired, his son took over the job and every year there is a concert. Santa comes to visit, everyone is in a good mood dispite the cold, and it's just a festive thing to do. I will admit, the sound of the steam whistle is a little eerie (some would say creepy). You can hear the whistle for miles, it's just really cool. So, if you are ever in York, PA on Christmas Eve, check it out.

Christmas day was spent at my Mother in Law's. She decided this year to do a roast beef instead of the traditional Turkey dinner. I got car sick on the 2 mile ride over to her place so I had to watch what and how much I ate at dinner. My contribution to dinner was a green bean stir fry and chocolate. Princess had a wonderful time spending time with her aunts and uncles. Santa left a guitar at Grandma's for Princess. She's now determined to learn the guitar.

Everyone enjoyed the present I made for them. I knitted/crocheted dishcloths for everyone. It was something small and it gave me a chance to practice my stitches. It was also something everyone can use.

The photo at the top of today's entry was taken at Market about a week and a half ago. I was photographing my decorating at the candy stand and ended up taking a picture of myself. I think it's kind of cool. Just had to share my reflections in chocolate picture.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Angel at 12/29/2006 05:04:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 8:03:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    Glad that you had such a great Christmas.

    The steam whistles sound soooo cool. Have you ever hear bag pipes on a foggy morning? It is a bit eerie too, but so cool.

    All the chocolate looks so good. Love the fact that you captured your self in the glass reflection.