.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, May 03, 2007
La Vie au Chocolat est tres bonne.
Chocolates I made in class. Yummy!

The other night I had a fun work experience. I had the opportunity to assist with an Adult education class. Through the local Adult Education Extension, the store that I work at held a class of Basic Chocolate Candy Making. The goal of the class was to introduce people to the different types of chocolate and then how to make candies from them. The class learned how to make truffle filling from scratch, mold chocolates, make non-pareils, make clusters, and make dipped chocolates. My role of the evening was to help people if they needed help. It was fun. I for one just like playing with the chocolate and dipping pretzels in the vats. I came home with a box of chocolates that I made and I smelled like a candy bar. I know, I suffer so much for my job, but someone has to do it.

At market today I realized that I will never work in a chocolate shop in Paris. One of the local high schools had their French class there for a field trip. The students were only allowed to speak French. Let's just say, it's be quite a few years since I had French in school. I managed to muddle through. The hardest thing was remembering my numbers. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Angel at 5/03/2007 06:31:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 12:39:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    Yummmmm chocolate.

    Sounds like you had a good time.

    I would have never made it through the French class coming in. I never took French and know nothing. =)

     
  • At 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Angel

    Once you learn the phrase "Parlez vous Francais?", you automatically answer "oui". I was actually proud that I remembered as much as I did.