.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, May 07, 2007
A Word of Warning
If you live anywhere in North America, learn to recognize this plant. Yes, it's pretty, but under that beauty lies an evil like nothing else. This cute little plant is poison ivy! 85% of humans have an allergic reaction to it. And it is everywhere. Why am I doing a public service announcement? Because I had a run in with this little plant last weekend in my own yard. I was so proud of myself, I cleared a bunch of overgrowth so some lilies could bloom free this year, no poison ivy in sight. And the next day, this rash showed up and for the past week I have itched like I was crawling with bugs. My husband went and looked at the patch I was weeding and there are all these little tiny poison ivy plants. I'll spare you from seing pictures of my legs, it ain't a pretty sight. I found this homeopathic stuff that works great with me for keeping it under control, but when it's time for a new dose I start to itch so bad I want to crawl out of my skin. I have also found that when I itch real bad, if I rub the area with hand sanitizer it seems to deaden the itch. My husband and my landlady are planning on taking care of the poison ivy for me since I break out just looking at it.

 
posted by Angel at 5/07/2007 12:35:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 12:26:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    Oh I am so sorry it got it's little hands around you. I hope that you feel better soon.

    I am allergic to pretty much everything and so far Poison Ivy hasn't made my list. Rather odd I think, but I don't try and press my luck either. No rolling around in it naked or anything. LOL