.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, January 05, 2007
Starting the New Year on a Good Note...
New Year's Eve was spent quietly around here. We had our annual CutThroat Monopoly game with a nice side of wine, cheese, and crackers. I won, but only because I ended up buying all four railroads. It's not my fault people like to ride the trains. Princess had a wonderful time. I think she looks forward to this game every year. We do play Monopoly several times a year, but this is always a special game. I found crackers (or poppers) while I was shopping a few days before New Year's, so this year, we all had paper crowns to wear for the evening. I'd rather spend a quiet New Year's with my family than go out driving with the drunks.

New Year's Day was spent in Baltimore. My brother in law, John, made jambalaya and invited us down for some. Yummy! It poured on the way down and I began to doubt that we would make it at all. But once the rain passed we made it in good time. It's always nice to visit family. One of my resolutions this year is to get out more. I also got to meet the chinchilla, Ling-Ling. He's such a cute little fluff ball. Princess is totally in love with him and wanted to bring him home. Something tells me, Harry would think we brought him some food. John and Joan, thanks for inviting us.


I've also been crafting this year. This is my cat and mouse pillow. The cat and the mouse are redwork embroidery done in pink. This is going in Princess's room so it had to be pink. I stitched the pillow together yesterday. The front also has some cluney lace on it and the back is a flannel with cats printed all over it. I think it turned out really cute. I'm working on one now that says "Be my Valentine." That one is for the living room.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Angel at 1/05/2007 12:39:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 1:45:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~

    Sounds like you had a fun New Years Eve and beginning to the New Year.

    Cute pillow. I bet Princes loves it.