.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, January 27, 2007
The Sweet Life
Dear Boss, I know it's only 6 degrees outside and that is the reason why I am late for work today. My cat, Harry, has decided that it is too cold for me to go to work. He has taken up residence on my wool coat and on my pink longshoreman's hat. I cannot got outside improperly attired as I will get sick and have to take several sick days. . .

Thank goodness I own several coats. It was a balmy 6 degrees outside this morning and I wore my wool coat to the bus stop so I wouldn't freeze. As soon as I got home and took the coat off, the cat crawled onto it and refused to get off. I know, I'm bigger than he is, but he looked so cute and I really didn't feel like fighting with him before going to work. I just grabbed another coat out of the closet and left him. When I looked at him before I closed the door, he looked heartbroken. He has since forgiven me because I came home and rubbed his ears for a little.
I love my job, have I told you all that yet? Last Saturday I helped to set up some of the Valentine's displays. This is a picture of some of the heart boxes we can pack candy into. Some of them are just so beautiful. I love the one with the man's shirt and necktie. How cute is that? My favorite is a heart that is covered with pink rose satin. It's the one on the top right. It's well made enough and deep enough to keep jewelry in after the chocolate is gone. I also love the burgandy velvet one to the right behind the shirt box. It's a very romantic, gothy box that is also usable as a jewelry box. For those who's mate has done something wrong this year, we also have a heart that holds 10 lbs of chocolates. Personally, I'd rather have a small box of my favorite chocolates than a huge box. I think it's more romantic when Hubby picks a well thought out selection of chocolates. I just think huge boxes are tacky, if you are going to spend that kind of money on me, make it jewelry or a spinning wheel.

Finally, I had to share a picture of the mints we make. they are done in Valentine's colors now and they just look so cute. Ok, I'm becoming a gushy romantic. I can attest to the fact that they may be exppensive mints, but they are worth every penny. Such decadance with a little rose on top.
Well, I'm off to bed, because I have a busy day at Market tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Angel at 1/27/2007 01:00:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: